This Dad of Mine
Dad finished his radiation last Monday.
15 treatments on his lower spine.
It wiped him out.
His doc wanted to start chemo treatments that same day but after discussing it further, decided to hold off a few weeks. I am so glad. Hopefully he can regain some energy and feel better.
I was able to take him to some of his radiation appointments and we had such good visits. One day he took me to lunch at Su Casa afterward. We both love Su Casa. Dad had felt so crappy when I picked him up that day but by the time we got our burrito and quesadilla he was feeling much better. He spent the next hour telling me about all his blessings. Even when he's feeling his crappiest he'll try and put on a happy face and won't complain even though I always give him permission to.
While he was visiting with his chemo doc last Monday they determined part of his problem was dehydration so they hooked him up to some fluids before he left the office. Mama Jan hooked him up with her little pink fan so he'd be more comfortable :).
Today is Papa Tom and Mama Jan's Lagoon day! Lots of the family will be in town and my Dad was so excited that even his little great grandson could be there. We are all praying he and Mama Jan will be able to come out too.

