How Cool Is It

Yesterday me and my teenagers drove the 15 minutes it takes to get downtown to listen to President and Sister Nelson.  I told them, how cool is it that in our world wide church we can drive a few minutes and be in the same room as God's prophet.


The conference center was filled.  President Nelson invited all the youth ages 12-18 to be a part of the greatest challenge and greatest work on the earth today--helping to gather Israel, or in other words, helping bring the knowledge of the gospel of Jesus Christ to all who are living and all who are in the spirit world.


I'm a couple years older than 18 but I'm totally in on this deal!
President Nelson challenged the youth to do 5 things to help prepare to join God's royal army...
1-Hold a seven day fast from social media (or as he put it, a seven day break from fake)
2-For three weeks give a weekly sacrifice of time (giving up something worldly to spend time doing something for Christ) to let Christ know you want to be a part of his royal battalion
3-Take time for a thorough life assessment with the Lord
4-Pray daily that all of God's children will be able to receive the gospel of Jesus Christ
5-Stand out, be different than the rest of the world.  Be a disciple of the Jesus Christ.  Be a light and set a standard for the world.
Then we stood and sang, Hope of Israel.
It was awesome.
You can watch the devotional HERE.


Poor Kloe.
She almost made it through all of Sacrament Meeting.
Kloe went into work at 5pm Saturday night and didn't finish until 2:45am Sunday morning.
I'm that mom who tells her teenagers to quit laying on the bench, get off their phones and wake up--but not yesterday, yesterday I just let her sleep.

Popular Posts