The Emotional Department

Yesterday was a wonderful Sabbath.


Being in the temple with Kevin for the 9am rededication was so great.
I had heard there was a chance we'd have to view it in a tent set up by the temple so I made sure we got there early (7:30) to get a seat inside the temple.  But there was no tent.  The temple had 2500 people inside for each session and I was incredibly grateful to be one of them.


We took the girls to the 12:00 session at the Stake Center.  It was Janie's very first temple dedication and she was so excited.    
I also went to the 3:00 session.  The same general authorities were in attendance for all three but every session was different.  The talk Elder Eyring gave during the 12:00 session was different from the one he gave in the 9am session and it put Kev and I right over the edge in the emotional department.   He spoke of Christ, families, the temple and the glorious day the Resurrection will be when we are reunited with the people we love. 


Later we had a yummy dinner with Johanna and our neighbor Kathy and then headed over to my brother Rick's house to see my nephew Jett open his mission call!


Elder Sollis was called to the California Roseville Mission, Spanish Speaking!  In July he'll report to the Mexico MTC just like Estabon did!



Who's ready for Summer?!?!
These girls can't wait!  (Except for Megan, who lives the adult life, where there's no Summer vacation.)

Popular Posts