Missionary Monday - Moville Week 24

Allrighty, last week of the transfer, call outs are tonight and Elder Castillo and I will find out our fate, it's been a good 4 months. 

Anyways, last Tuesday we didn't have a whole lot going on, at the end of the night Tomas asked us if we could come over for a few minutes cause he had a question so we went and he said he's going to Florida for a few weeks and wanted us to water his plants 😂 So we are now his plant boys. 

Wednesday we had a Skype call with all the Spanish missionaries in the mission and that was pretty much President Johnson tooting our horns for us since the mission is going to have 50+ baptisms this month and a hefty handful of those are from Spanish wards (the mission goal is 30 a month and normally we are in the 20's) So that was a nice pat on the back. That night we had dinner with the Ramirez family, they are awesome, the wife is 7th day Adventist but has always been super tight with the missionaries in the ward and she knows how much Hispanic food we are forced to eat so she brought home burgers from Fudruckers, bless her. Oh and my tablet turned off and wouldn't turn back on, I made a few calls and sent a few emails and finally an Indian lady helped me out and now it works, I only peed my pants a little when it wouldn't turn back on... Then a little more when it turned on after talking with her. 

Thursday we tracted in the morning and then had lunch with Hna Nieto and she invited her squad like usual, she was ROASTING her brother in law who is super old and deteriorating quick. She looks at him and starts yelling "YOU CAN'T HEAR, YOU CAN'T SEE, AND YOU CAN'T WALK!" Then he's like "huh?" And her and everyone else starts laughing and then he says "hombre pobre" 🤷🏽‍♂️ (I'm a poor man) and then Hna Nieto lost it, I've never seen someone laugh so hard 😂 Her food wasn't as wack as it usually is either so that was good too. 

Friday morning we met with Teresa for the LAST time, she went back to El Salvador yesterday 😢 On the bright side we were able to make things happen with the patriarch and she was able to get her blessing yesterday before she left on her plane. She said she will probably be back around Decemberish so hopefully we can end up here again by then🤞🏾 Then later that night after dinner we were tracting and the first door we knock on this sassy old black lady opens and shes like "I already know who you are!" And we were like "aight well what do you think about us?" Then she went off about how a few years ago she saw an add for a free Bible and then two missionaries came and wouldn't give her the Bible unless she let them in to teach her. Long story short she didn't let them in and didn't get a Bible 😂 we apologized and explained that the reason they wanted to teach her was because she was ordering a bible, God's word, and they wanted to tell her about the Book of Mormon which is also God's word, just from a different part of the world. She got all quiet and said "I never knew that... Come in" We taught her more about the Book of Mormon and what it means for us today and she was eating it up. She begged us to come back so we will be having a pass off lesson tomorrow with the English elders. Mary Johnson, I won't forget her. She was running smack at Elder Castillo the whole time cause he would try and check for understanding and she'd say "You think I don't get it cause I'm black!?" Totally joking but it was pretty funny. Then at the end we asked if we could pray and if she would be the one to pray, she was like "nah not me, I'll do it next time" So I said "Mary, you know it's the evil spirit that teaches a man not to pray..." She started praying immediately 😂 

Saturday we had mostly a bunch of finding, in the morning a few doors down from Mary Johnson a black dude answered and was like "Oooh y'all Mormons?" We started talking a little bit then he invited us in. Basically he used to be Christian but then took psychology in college and says he's agnostic. He also told us he didn't want to get into anything cause he ends up "Shaking most Christians testimonies" so I started asking him some questions and I guess you could say we got into it. Basically he has a problem with everything we teach because "I would think, if I were God, I would do it this way..." Or "God should've done it like this, that would have been better" And after showing him doctrinally everything we could he was still saying that and so we asked "Then why isn't it that way?" He said "That's what I'm trying to figure out" Like dude, literally everything we've explained makes sense based off our current circumstances in this life 😂 But he was a cool guy and we gave him a Book of Mormon and our number so hopefully he figures it out. Later we had a baptism for Jorge and Manny, Manny is the son of Sandra (The one I tried to drown) and she wanted me to Baptize Manny so I guess there's no hard feelings 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

Sunday we had coordination, that was good. Hermano Colindres ended up going off about how being a returned missionary doesn't mean anything if you go home and are a putz when it comes to church things, and everything else. It was all cause he kept making jokes about Sister Farrer getting married in two weeks since she goes home on Thursday and was giving her "Advice" 😂 Church was good, dinner with the Monroys was good. Then we went to Carol's house to have a drop talk but she turned the tables on us and dropped us. She was pretty much like "I know I tell you I'm gonna do all these things and I want to but I don't so I think I just need time" And we were like, "Yeah, you do" Since we've invited them to church 8 times and every time they say "Not this week but the week after" So that was unfortunate but necessary. 

Tonight we will be having a ward Family night at the visitors center and that should be pretty fun, Hno Colindres told us we will be running it but hasn't given us any more detail than that so it should be interesting. Anyways, that's all I got! Hope everyone had a great week and I can't wait to hear from you!

My address will probably change so hold all that fan mail you were planning on sending until next week 😉 

Elder Beck

Pictures:
The savage herself (hna nieto)
Elder Castillos birthday package hand delivered by someone from home 😂 
The last time we may ever see Teresa :'(
The district/hermano Colindres
"I got 2 phones" 🎶 
Baptism pics












Popular Posts