Jordan River Temple Walk
Every week the youth have done something to prepare for the Jordan River Temple Celebration.
Saturday was the Temple Walk.
I may have been more excited about this than some of our youth. The minute I heard about it I couldn't wait to do it!
All the youth in the temple district walked to the temple.
This was a BIG undertaking.
The various cities, police agencies and UDOT were involved to make sure all the participants had safe routes to walk.
It was also a lot of work for the Stake and Ward leaders but all SO WORTH IT!
Our Stake ended up sending 7 short buses and around 8 cars full of kids and leaders to our starting point in Riverton.
From there we walked about 4 miles to the temple.
I didn't hear not one complaint.
The kids got after it and everyone seemed to love it.
If you look close you can see the temple behind us...
There was some concern about the weather but having it overcast turned out to be a bonus. It rained some but nothing we couldn't handle.
Our Stake was one of the first to arrive so there was time to talk to one of my faves--Linda K. Burton (but I call her Linda K :) She and her husband were in charge of the temple open house and rededication. I bet they'll be ready for a vacation on Monday when everything is finished.
So fun to be a part of this with Kev and my girls.
My secretary Rachael came too.
She's awesome.
She's more like another counselor and helps me with anything and everything.
We also got to pick our spot.
We waited about an hour for the rest of the Stakes to arrive and for the program to start.
The program was simple but powerful.
Elder Budge spoke to us about how we are one of the groups holding to the rod in Lehi's Dream.
And then over 15,000 of us sang I Believe in Christ and recited this scripture...
"Wherefore, I am in your midst, and I am the good shepherd, and the stone of Israel. He that buildeth upon this rock shall never fall. And the day cometh that you shall hear my voice and wee me, and know that I am. Watch, therefore, that ye may be ready"
D&C 50:44-46
I took this after we'd been there about 30 minutes. It got so much more crowded. The only drawback of the rain was our jackets covered up all our cool matching shirts!
Part of the celebration is a challenge for every youth to find at least one family name to take to the Jordan River Temple when it reopens.
Sunday Gracie and I found 12! She's ready to do baptisms in this temple for the first time--it closed for renovations before she turned 12. She's so excited!!

