Fruit Pizzas at the Kick-off

Last night we had our camp kick-off for stake girls camp.
The planning of this years camp has been much easier than my first camp two years ago.  I was new to my calling and we weren't able to get a camp director until April (camp was in June).  I'm older and a little wiser now so I requested our camp director, Cindy, last Summer.  Cindy is fantastic and knows and loves all things girls camp.


Cindy and her assistant Tracy (who is also fantastic) had the youth leaders run the show so me and my presidency were able to pull the leaders aside for a leader appreciation dinner.


It was very simple and we mostly visited but also took some time to discuss the power and blessings that come from prayer and fasting, and the opportunity to minister to and with our girls.


I love these ladies so much.  They all deserve a vacation after the two months of busy temple celebration activities.  It was a lot of work on their end.  But, instead of a vacation they got the next best thing, a meal they didn't have to fix and a pack of gum :).


In honor of our last stake girls camp we served fruit pizzas to everyone.  "By their fruits ye shall know them" was our 2016 theme and this dessert was a camp favorite.

Popular Posts