We ❤️ General Conference

Kev and I started our General Conference weekend off with an early morning session in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple.  We went specifically for help and direction for our business and that our hearts and minds would be open to the messages we needed to hear during General Conference.
We don't do the early morning sessions as often as we used to now that we are able to go while the kids are in school.  I was reminded how much I love them.


After our session we drove south to pick up our conference pretzels and on the way back stopped at IKEA.  Kevin HATES IKEA.  Once he's on the showroom floor he feels trapped--I think they set it up that way on purpose.  But he loves his wife and I asked him to do a little project for me (more on that later) so he sucked it up and took me to IKEA.  
Because I love my husband I let him wait in the warehouse area while I got what I needed.


General Conference was the best yet!
Lots of announcements about changes to encourage more Christlike ministering.  Seven new temples announced!  And I always love it when Conference falls on Easter Sunday.
We were small in numbers this year which was different.  We missed all our big kids.


Rachel got to sing in the Saturday afternoon session!
We were all so excited to see her on TV!  Her choir did amazing.


Kloe realized a few days before conference that she was scheduled to work all day Saturday.  They always schedule her for Saturday nights, never days.  So she prayed really hard that someone would pick up her shift, but no one did.  Late Friday night Kev and I get this text...



We aren't sure what happened.  I saw her work schedule and as of Friday she was scheduled to work Saturday, all day.  A little blessing for Kloe from heaven.

A few of my favorite talks...

President Russell M Ballard...A mustard seed of faith exercised in the Savior can bring peace, hope, love...hang on, exercise faith and keep up your courage...unplug and be still and know that I am God.

Elder Brian K Taylor quoted Sister Joy Jones..."Our children deserve to understand their divine identity".  (YES THEY DO!!  And it's up to the parents to make sure we do all we can while they live under our roof to make that happen.)

Lynn G Robbins...Success is going from failure to failure without any loss of enthusiasm.  Don't fear failure, learn from it,.  The Savior gives us endless second chances.  Repentance isn't his backup plan when we fail.  It is his plan when we do fail.

Elder Taylor G. Godoy...Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven...Sacrifice made for others and sacrifice others make for us brings blessings to all.

Elder Dale G. Renlund...Temple blessings can heal hearts.  God seals and heals families.  The temple offers a glimpse of heaven.

Elder Larry Y. Wilson...It is a privilege to have the Holy Spirit as our guide...We need to be able to hear the Holy Ghost in calm waters so we can recognize it during the storms.

Elder Massimo De Feo...Each day resolve to respond with love and kindness to whatever comes my way.

Claudio D. Zivic...No matter what your situation your Heavenly Father loves you and is aware of you.

Popular Posts