This Beautiful Temple

Tuesday me and my friend Marilyn were able to be ushers for the temple open house.
Hanging out in this beautiful temple was the best!


Then Thursday morning I took my dad to the open house.
I paid closer attention to the art work throughout this tour.  It wasn't as crowded as when we brought the kids so we could go a little slower.  The artwork is incredible.  I can't wait to go back when it opens and look more closely at all the beautiful paintings.  When I was ushering I spent part of the time in the chapel.  When the visitors walk in, there at the front of the chapel is a breathtaking painting of Christ and so many of them stopped to take it in and comment on what a beautiful picture it is.


This has been my Dad's temple from the year it first opened back in 1979.
I grew up watching my parents go to this temple every month.  Their example helped me learn the importance of temple service and to see all the blessings that come from worshiping in the temple.
The Jordan River Temple has blessed my life since I was 8 years old.
It was the first temple open house I attended, did baptisms in, and received my endowment.


PS It's not too late to go to the open house.  It runs today through tomorrow and you don't need tickets so if you live near West Jordan you should go!!  I think the tours run from 8am-9pm.
To look at some of the pictures of the inside go HERE but it's WAYYY better in person!


It seems like when I wasn't at the temple this week I was taking care of my children's teeth.
Dentist appointments all around...
The final cavity count was:
Mom=0
Kloe=0
Gracie=2
Janie=0
Lilly=1
Not too bad, we've had worse visits.
Being at the dentist made me wonder how Dakota's teeth are doing.  That poor kid was my best brusher and still averaged one or two cavities every six months.  Hopefully his teeth are getting blessings from his missionary service.


The elevator=favorite part of going to the dentist


Janie also had another orthodontist appointment to prepare her teeth for braces next week.
How cute will she be with those glasses and braces!

Popular Posts