Super-sized Bullet

Did you know?  About 10 years ago we almost bought a car wash.
We thought it was a done deal and then the bank pulled our funding in the last hour, 
THANK THE HEAVENS!!
We later found out things went very bad for the people who bought the car wash.  The numbers didn't add up.  The car wash didn't bring in near the amount the sellers claimed it did and so they are taking them to court.  I've been subpoenaed to testify for the plaintiff in a few weeks.

We felt really good about buying that car wash and totally thought it would be ours.
We couldn't figure out at the time why it didn't work out, and then a few years later we learned about the buyers experience and realized we'd dodged a super-sized bullet.
 Sometimes things don't work out and we can't figure out why.  In this case we were shown exactly why and we are so grateful we're not in the car wash business.
Garth had it right when he said, "Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers".


The other day I spent my time at the gym reading one of my journals from 10 years ago to try and refresh my memories on the details.  I'd pretty much blocked out the entire experience because in the end, it wasn't pretty.  The sellers are people I never care to see again.  I figured if I was speed walking when I read it, it might help with my blood pressure.

Popular Posts