My Temple

Yesterday we took the family to the Jordan River Temple open house.


Our friends Lily and Ashleigh came too.


It was so great to be back inside OUR temple!  Kevin and I have missed it so much.  While the entire temple is brand new inside there were still areas that felt exactly the same as we remembered them--with a bit of a facelift.  It felt like home.


It's our family's favorite holiday this weekend!
General Conference starts tomorrow.
I finished President Nelson's conference talks this week.  I feel like I know him so much better and I am ready to sustain him as Jesus Christ's prophet, seer and revelator.
I listened to a lot of wonderful talks but I think one of my very favorites was

He quotes President Packer in his message...

President Packer declared:
“We need women who are organized and women who can organize. We need women with executive ability who can plan and direct and administer; women who can teach, women who can speak out. …
“We need women with the gift of discernment who can view the trends in the world and detect those that, however popular, are shallow or dangerous.”8
Today, let me add that we need women who know how to make important things happen by their faith and who are courageous defenders of morality and families in a sin-sick world. We need women who are devoted to shepherding God’s children along the covenant path toward exaltation; women who know how to receive personal revelation, who understand the power and peace of the temple endowment; women who know how to call upon the powers of heaven to protect and strengthen children and families; women who teach fearlessly.
Women have such power to do good and I'm grateful to be a part of a faith that honors women and for all the blessings I've received as I make and keep covenants with my Lord.

Popular Posts