Cancun #2

We made sure to have plenty of down time.
I love to just read and read by the pool or on the beach.



I read these 3 books...


Great stuff in this one.



This one was a little disturbing but a quick read and kept my interest.

And if you liked The Glass Castle I think you'd really like this one.
I loved it!



Yelpers raved about this place.
Said it was the most authentic place to eat in Cancun and that the fish tacos were to die for.  It was right across the street from where we were staying so even though we aren't fans of fish we gave it a shot.


Our table was a few feet from the water...notice the beware of alligators sign.
We didn't see any.


I went into this fish taco thing with high hopes and a good attitude.


I ate one and I was done.
Forever.
I'm done giving fish a chance.
I think I'm allergic, like Dakota.
Kev ate his two and mine since he was starving but I think he's done too.
On the bright side the guac was good and the pico was the best I've ever had.


On one of our bus rides the driver had his cute little daughter sitting next to him on a water jug.  Reminded me of when Kevin used to take our babies on tows.  They loved riding in the tow truck--they rode in car seats though.  Kevin slipped her a couple of pesos through the window and she thought that was the greatest.


Did you know Cancun has an Outback?
The Outback is our place so we decided to go there for our Anniversary dinner.  Actually, I guess this was the one meal where we swapped the guac for cheese fries.
We had the nicest waiter.  He spoke good English and got our order just right.  Even though the meal only came to like $43 we tipped him 25 bucks in honor of our 25th Anniversary. 



The man we rented our condo from recommended 19.5 for fantastic burgers.  It was right across the street so we went just before sunset.  Kevin ordered a beef burger and the waitress brought him a shrimp burrito.  He explained that he ordered a beef burger so 20 minutes later she brings him a shrimp burger.  He explains again and then again that he ordered a beef burger and finally, 30 minutes later, she brought him a beef burger and it was fantastic.  We also got to see the sunset from start to finish while we waited :).



Oh, and of all the guac we ate, this was our favorite!


I think it's safe to say that food is our favorite part of all our vacationing :)

Popular Posts