Kinetic Sand

Lilly's been counting the days til her birthday since December.


She asks or tells me how many days every morning.
It's 20 to be exact.


Saturday night she came in and whispered to me, "Mom, I found my birthday presents.  I was looking for a pillow behind your chair and saw a box and looked inside."  We keep our extra pillows behind the rocking chair in my room and under the pillows was her birthday box.  At Christmas time my room is full of boxes and the kids know not to look in them.  They don't even care that they are there (as fare as I know :).  I should have sealed her box.
Mom:  What did you see?
Lilly:  Kinetic sand and a Minnie shirt.
Those two things were right on top so she shut the box as soon as she saw them.  There was another gift in there so I'm glad she didn't go digging.
She begged us to give her the sand early.  Kevin said NO WAY.  Lilly is a great negotiator and decided to buy the sand from us with her sandwich money (she and her friend sold sandwiches on the sidewalk a couple months ago).  
I say it's a win win.  She gets her sand and I'll pick her up another present.


Kinetic sand was at the top of her Birthday list.  Gracie got some for Christmas and the girls think it's the coolest stuff.  I gotta say, it is pretty cool and way less messy than sand, playdough or slime.

Popular Posts