Cold Cereal
Every Sunday morning I get to feed the kids who attend our Stake Mission Prep class. The first several months of the class, back when it started about a year and a half ago, I would feed them a mix of juices, chocolate milk, pastries and muffins. I tried to be creative and give them a variety every week.
Then one week I brought cold cereal and they LOVED IT! I thought-- Why in the heck am I going to all this trouble when they are perfectly happy with cold cereal? So I've brought cold cereal every other week since.
I think I'm finally used to Estabon not going to Mission Prep with me. It was our thing and he was always the BIGGEST help with hauling in all the food. Can you believe that guy has been on his mission for 6 months?!!
Last Sunday Janie told me she'd been assigned to give a talk the following Sunday and asked if she could prepare it all by herself.
Do you know how many talks I've helped these kids prepare?
So. Many. Talks.
They can hold their own by the time they turn 11 but I don't think any of them have done it by themselves before then (they will correct me if I'm wrong).
When I saw the topic I wasn't so sure she'd be able to do it, but of course I didn't tell her that.
I completely forgot about the talk until she reminded me at church yesterday. She had it ready and asked me to read it to make sure it made sense.
She did such a good job!
She told me she was really nervous but she did a great job of hiding it.
I recorded the talk and we watched it for our Family Night lesson.
After watching Janie's talk we discussed the blessings of the Fall and some of the things that happened in the Garden of Eden, like Adam and Eve walked and talked with God, they were married by God, and Adam received the Priesthood.

