Progress in 2017

Yesterday I accomplished my biggest goal for 2017 and received my Young Women's Medallion!
I set a goal when I was put in the Stake Young Women's Presidency to complete all the requirements within 2 years and I DID IT!!!


Kloe also completed her Personal Progress so it was extra special to be recognized in church yesterday together.
I've always felt a little disappointed in myself for not finishing when I was a teenager but as I've worked through the projects and experiences I recognized the purpose of the Personal Progress Program and the blessings that come from doing it.  It's the perfect guide to helping our young women (and older women) recognize their worth, build a closer relationship with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, prepare them for adult life and to enter the temple.  I hope one of the things my girls will learn from their Personal Progress is that life with Christ is the best life.


Photo credit: cute Kara

(don't mind the little grammar error there, he writes faster than he thinks--gets it from his mother :)

Our New Years Eve was pretty calm.
We all rejoiced over our last Sunday of 1:00 church for the next 2 years!!!!!
Since it was Emmy's last Sunday with us for a while we let her choose the dinner menu:
Sweet and Sour Ribs
Crunchy Potatoes
Rolls
Peas
Caesar Salad
Cookie Pie for dessert

For family night we took turns sharing how Christ has helped each of us this year...he's done all kinds of things like helping develop our talents, helping overcome weaknesses and helping us to be better disciples.
We opened up last years gifts each of us gave to Christ and then wrote new ones for the coming year.  We opened Dakota's (we don't tell each other what our gifts are when we write them) and it was so great to know he is giving his gift to Christ every day. 

I don't think any of us stayed awake until midnight.  I was asleep before 10 and I felt good about it.
Here's to a great 2018!

Popular Posts