Adulting So Hard


Instead of our usual Sollis Family Night, Monday we gathered at my parents house for an adult dinner.
Some of the kids were ticked about it.
It was just like old times growing up with everyone talking over everyone else as we carried on several conversations at once.


Tuesday the girls tried to convince us it was time to take them back to Disneyland.
We suggested they earn some money to help pay for the trip and we haven't heard anything about it since.


Wednesday I had to give Emmy a firm talking to about how she needed to stop putting off getting her Arizona drivers license and car licensed and registered (she was going to do it her first week in Arizona but decided to binge on Netflix (Downton Abbey) and go see three movies (Jumanji & Greatest Showman X2) in two days instead).  I told her we were finished talking until she got it all done, and then hung up on her--after I told her I loved her so much.  It's all about the tough love with these kids.


Thursday Kevin came down with a cold and Gracie's thinking about coming down with one so I'm headed to Costco today to stock up on more of this stuff.
I heard a rumor that Airborne was the secret to President Hinckley staying healthy through all his travels as Prophet (Miss that guy so much).


Doesn't she look so cute in her new specs and check out those asslashes (Lilly's words, not mine).  They are real, every lash!  Sadly she didn't get them from her mom.

I made some great progress on the taxes yesterday.  Only took me half a day to get the program downloaded.  Just kidding.  Actually it was a struggle.  I'm taking the weekend off to spend some time with Gracie and I get to help Tami set up for Harry Potter Week--which is only the most exciting week of the entire 3rd grade at her school.  Maybe I should read the books.

I've been listening to old conference talks given by President Nelson.
Loved this one and the stories he shares at the end cracked me up!

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/1987/10/lessons-from-eve?lang=eng

Popular Posts