Thanksgiving 2017

The Rocket Man put on a great show and the weather I ordered (minus the wind) came through!






When the a rocket ends up in the locked ball fields it's helpful to have a little person who can fit under the fence and go get it.





We lost one and as we were combing the neighborhood Kloe spotted it, while driving.  She has really good spotting skills.



Kevin took a minute to teach Kloebird some parallel parking skills.


We cleaned up the church grounds before heading home to get our Thanksgiving feast on.


My parents and Meg were able to join us for Thanksgiving.  When I heard they wouldn't be traveling this year I snatched them up.


A couple of my girls asked me if fixing a Thanksgiving dinner was overwhelming for me.  They said I acted like it was no big deal.  They are right.  It was no big deal.  I keep it pretty simple.  Mom brought rolls (from Schmidt's Bakery--so good!), a real nice salad, and pumpkin pie.  Meg brought flowers and stuffed celery which didn't get stuffed but she gets credit anyway.  Gracie made THE BEST key lime pie with a pretzel crust.  Emmy made the stuffing.  The day before Thanksgiving I made a frog eye salad and peeled the potatoes.  Thanksgiving morning I put a turkey breast in the crockpot with chicken broth, butter and onions (no one likes dark meat so we skip it).  I made the mashed potatoes, gravy and Marci's yummy yams right before dinner and it was done.  And it may have been our most delicious Thanksgiving dinner ever!  So grateful for a day to celebrate gratitude.  It was the best!

Popular Posts