At the Top

Happy Thanksgiving!
I've added lots this year to my list of things I'm thankful for but these people are at the top...


I am SO grateful to be a grandma to this baby.
I know God loves me for lots of reasons but one of them is because he gave us Beau.  This baby reminds me constantly of all that is good and I am so grateful I get to be a part of his life and watch him grow.


He can hear that his dad just got home so he's waiting by the garage door.
Which brings me to the next thing on my list.


I'm thankful for Jackson and Aubrey.
Jackson was pretty great before he married Aubrey, but the two of them together are even better.  I love watching them build their marriage and family around Christ and his gospel, around each other and around Beau.


I am grateful every day Dakota has the opportunity to serve a mission.
Two years of full time gospel training and learning to build his life around Christ is such a blessing.  Seeing him put to practice all the things we've tried to teach him and utilizing his own skills and faith.  It's the best.


I am thankful to have been able to watch Emmy grow into an adult.  
College has been so good for her.  Seeing her figure out life, make goals, and choose for herself what path she wants to follow has been great to watch.  
I'm also thankful for Logan.  Kev and I are going to miss going to Logan so frequently.  I love all the memories he and I have of our newly married life and all the ones we've added since our kids have gone to school there.


I'm grateful for my relationship with Kloe.
High School hasn't come as easily to Kloe as it did for our other kids.  She's having to really work at liking it.  I'm so glad she'll talk to me about it and she's working on doing what she can to make it better.  I'm also grateful she's been serious this past year about developing her singing talent.  She blesses others with her voice.


I'm grateful for my Gracie and for the front row seat I've had to watch her grow into her own.  She knows what she likes and she knows what she wants and she's not afraid to try new things.  She joined the debate team this month and I can't wait to see what she does with that.


I'm so thankful for Janie Rose and her happy and patient disposition.  
Kevin gets a little sad when each of our kids go to school because school begins to chip away at their innocence.  So far though, it hasn't effected Janie.  She's managed to dodge the negativity and embrace all the good.


My independent Lilly continues to be independent. 
I'm so thankful for the chance to watch her learn to read and write.  
This is her writing Dakota an email.  Her emails are THE BEST!


I am so grateful for my marriage.
It's always been good but we've tried this past year to work a little harder on it and the blessings have been abundant.
I've been studying God's purposes for marriage and all the blessings he wishes to pour out upon our relationship.  God is good and I'm forever thankful he gave me this guy to do life with.

Popular Posts