Best. Boss. Ever.
A couple of weeks ago I spoke at a foster class for adults who are working to get licensed to be foster parents. I talked about the blessings that can come from working with the birth families.
Now, while I can readily admit that I was a below average foster Mom (it was all so overwhelming for me and I realized I already had my hands full with our 6 children at home), I've tried to be an above average support to the birth family. I continue to help and support the boys, their grandma and mom.
The boy's grandma is raising them and she has become one of my dearest friends. I love her so much and I've watched her give her life to be able to take care of her grandsons. She had family members tell her she'd already raised her kids and to just leave the boys in the system, but family means everything to her and she wants what's best for her grandsons.
The boys are thriving under her care and her son who helps her.
This guy is in 6th grade! He is a smart kid and was placed in the gifted program this year and is also rocking it with the Safety Patrol.
There's a Primary song called He Sent His Son. I love this part--"What does the Father ask of us? What do the scriptures say? Have faith, have hope, live like his Son, help others on their way."
I'm grateful for opportunities to help others, because that's really what it's all about.
I get asked sometimes what I'm doing with all my free time now that the kids are all in school. Every morning I ask God to help me see who I can help and so far, He's keeping me pretty busy. Best. Boss. Ever.




