Barge Tighteners

Breakfast on a Sunday...


Janie makes the eggs and Lilly makes the toast.
Not sure where that umbrella came from but it was a nice touch.
The children are all so independent.  Once I teach them to clean up after themselves I don't know what I'll do with all the free time.


Emmy joined us for family night last night.
It was my turn to give the lesson so I taught out of Ether chapter 2.  We talked about our testimonies and how it's important to build them just like the Jaredites built their barges--tight like unto a dish.  That way when the waves (trials and hard times) come our testimonies will be grounded in Christ and his gospel.  I used Easter eggs in my object lesson (don't expect much from me with the object lessons).  One represented a regular boat and one a barge.


The boat filled with water and sank but the barge didn't take on any water and stayed afloat.
We talked about different experiences we've recently had to strengthen our testimonies.  Gracie named them "barge tighteners".  
Some of our barge tighteners were recognizing that the Lord knows us personally, seeing Christ's hand through service, opportunities to learn and the blessings of studying The Book of Mormon.

The Jaredites were on those barges for 344 days.  344 DAYS.  I can't even imagine.

Popular Posts