The School Groove

We're back in the school groove.
It's been a good thing.
We are all so much more productive.
The kids are liking school, getting smarter, and making new friends.
We heard good stuff from Estabon this week.  He's half way through his MTC stay (that went fast) and he's understanding more and more Spanish and is looking extra dapper in his new Mexico tie.



Janie's been working on her braiding skills and tells me she's decided to grow her hair out, but wear the scarves in the mean time.


Kevin has banned me from saying anything about the old Beck house, so as not to jinx anything, but here are some pictures of what's been happening this week.  



We had our annual Stake sports night Wednesday.  We always get the best turn out for this!  Today I'm scheduling the location for our 2018 Stake girls camp.  Cross your fingers we get the camp we want.


Yesterday I spent some quality time with the Lord and some quality time with my sister Kimmy.
She's one of the best mom's I know.  Her little Stella Jane started Kindergarten yesterday so she was having all the feels over that one.  


Kim told me about the sweetest conversation she had with Stella about making friends...

"Last night I was telling her that if she sees a classmate by themselves she should go ask them to play. She started to cry, like it was a heart felt cry. I asked her what was wrong and she said, "Mom, are there really kids who don't have friends?" Here's my little Stella who just loves her friends and had no idea some kids don't. Before she left for school today she rehearsed what she'd say to someone if they were by themselves. Talk about a melt your heart moment."



Speaking of moms, Emmy put me onto a great podcast, check out Bold New Mom @ https://boldnewmom.com/


Popular Posts