Lilly Hit Her Head

I got a call from the school yesterday that Lilly had hit her head.
They acted like it wasn't a big deal but I went over to pick her up anyway.  Lilly has been doing so well in school but I can tell she's still adjusting to all day school life so I wanted to make sure she was okay--more mentally than physically.


When I picked her up she was really upset and very confused.  She had a hard time telling me what happened and then she said she couldn't see.  As soon as I pulled in our drive way she started throwing up.  Her vision seemed a little better once we got home but she was still so confused and kept throwing up.  I consulted Aubrey's mom and Rachel's mom who are both nurses and decided to take her to instacare.  You'd think I'd know a little more about what to do for concussions since I had two boys who played football but neither of them had the puking and vision issues.


Kevin is in Arizona so I was on my own for this one.  He is in his element when the kids have accidents.  He keeps calm and keeps them calm and I usually defer to him as to whether or not we go to the Dr.  He is also the one who carries the 58 pound child.  She was so out of it she couldn't walk.  We really missed him :(.


I stopped at my parent's house on the way so my Dad could give her a priesthood blessing.  We both felt better after the blessing.  
Instacare sent us right to Primary Children's due to her symptoms and where she hit her head.


She was still throwing up when we got there but she passed all the neuro tests.  By then she was returning to herself.  I knew when she wouldn't smile and wouldn't raise her eyebrows for the Dr that she was feeling better.  She turned to me after telling him no and says, "I can, I just don't want to".  That's my girl.


She took a little nap and then perked right up and told me she wanted to draw.
She passed the vision test and didn't end up needing a CT scan so that was good.  She was still throwing up but they said that could continue for a while and they sent us home after they watched her for a few hours.


The pukes stopped at about 6 last night and she had a great nights sleep and has felt good this morning.
Grateful she's ok!


And look who flew in to visit us this morning!
His Mommy has a mission reunion so they'll be in Utah for a few days!


Happy General Conference Weekend!
It's going to be a little weird.
We didn't realize it was conference weekend when we booked Kevin's Arizona trip.  He and Jax are scouting the woods for their big December hunting trip so it will just be me and my girls.  I can't wait for our 2 day vacation from the world.  It's going to be great!  You can tune in HERE to watch!

Popular Posts