I Still Think He's Sexy

I've been trying to get rid of this stupid owl for about a year now but every time it disappears Janie and Lilly notice.  
Every time.  
And they notice right away, while it's still hidden in the garage and hasn't made its way to the DI yet.


I always cave in and give it back, even though they forget about it after a few days and it just takes up space in the little girls already crowded room/playroom.


They were devastated when the owl started coming apart at the seams.  
My reaction, Well I guess it's time to get rid of it.  
Kevin's reaction, I can fix it.
30 years ago I became Kevin's girlfriend for a lot of reasons.  I loved how kind and thoughtful he was.  He was (and still is) so good to me.  I also thought he was pretty good looking and when he dressed up for church or a dance I thought he was so sexy.



I still think he's sexy when he dresses up for church (no more dances, sad), when I watch him lifting weights at the gym, when he grows a beard, and especially when he fulfills his Priesthood callings.  


But now, 8 kids and 1 grandson later, I've added a whole lot more to the sexy Kevin list.  Like when he helps out at the High School picture day, or sews up the dumb owl because his girls love it.  And even though he's SO SICK, he still puts together Lilly's new high bed while listening to his "chill" play list that has all the songs that remind him of our family.  And when he climbs up into the freaking hot attic to do some completely unnecessary electrical work just to bring the buyer for our old house peace of mind.


A little trivia:  How many high beds and toys can fit into one little room?




Every time he loves on this little guy I can hardly stand it.
And I'm pretty sure when he saw this picture of his wife he thought, "Man that wife of mine is sexy too".

Popular Posts