Missionary Monday - Basically a Big Goodbye

We received this from Dakota today (PDay has been on Wednesdays in the Mexico MTC and then I post them on Mondays)

They are giving us a Pday today (sort of) to pack and to get ready to leave tomorrow. So, 
Thursday I went to the tienda to see if my card would work for the airport and it didn't work, I figured I would try the atm just in case and it worked there, I didn't think it would so I ended up with 200 pesos I didn't want/need. I decided I would do dry cleaning with Elder west now that I had pesos, too get all the stuff done that I wanted it ended up being exactly 200. I thought it must have been fate. (I'll finish this story in chronological order.) later in the day we had "service time" and this week we were assigned to sort pamphlets in a storage room, when we got there Josh's district was in there too so that was pretty fun. 

Friday, started out great until I went to get my suits and pants back. They kept my nice men's warehouse hangers, didn't get any stains out, and messed up the crease on my blue suit coat. I'm never doing dry cleaning again. It could just be because it's Mexican dry cleaning, but I was skeptical about the whole dry cleaning thing before this, I don't get how clothes can get cleaned without getting wet. I'm convinced it's a scam. I had the mtc call the dry cleaning place and I ended up getting my hangers back, and I fixed the crease the best I could. So it worked out but it was rough. We started practicing our "special musical number" for sacrament meeting today, we have to do one as a district since we are leaving on Tuesday. We had the hermanas sing the first verse of sisters in zion in Spanish, then the elders sang armies of Heleman in Spanish, then we all sang at the same time in English and at the chorus the hermanas switched to armies of Heleman with us. 

Saturday was basically a big goodbye to all our teachers, we took a bunch of pictures and stuff, I'll really miss hermano Villalobos, he was awesome and by far the most helpful. 

Yesterday I gave my talk on the restoration of the priesthood, it was all in Spanish so no one could understand besides the Mexican presidency that runs our sacrament meetings. In my opening remarks I said that I liked the CCM but I was ready to go back to the promised land, they didn't think that was very funny hehe. We sang our song and it was pretty sweet, everyone loved it. We watched the Joseph Smith movie for the afternoon devotional, that was better than the "interactive devotionals" they usually do. Elder Taylor gave his "sermon on the mount" it was pretty good, he taught out of 3rd Nephi. Saw Josh in between the devotionals for probably the last time here. Also, elder west and I saw an elder that we thought looked like Shooter McGavin from Happy Gilmore, elder west took one for the team and asked for a picture with him. After the night devotional it was pouring and I had to run home, I got soaked, but Elder west had a poncho so he was fine. The rain here makes your clothes stink and my suit smells, hopefully that goes away. 




Josh and Dakota went to school together.



Popular Posts