A Week at the BYU

Look who spent a week at the Y!
I know, I know, you never thought you'd see a Beck hanging out at the Y but it happened and I gotta say, that University now has a special little place in our hearts.


Several weeks ago Kevin suggested we celebrate having all the kids in full day school by going to BYU Education Week.  I thought it sounded fun so I signed us up!
It was THE BEST!
I think I'd forgotten how much I love gospel learning.  Of course I learn from my personal gospel study and church classes, and I do love church but these classes take it to the next level.  Our souls were fed and we soaked in every minute.


Every night we'd evaluate which classes we wanted to keep going to and which ones we would add.


Loved this quote because I don't watch the news and I don't give my time to political causes (at least not in this season of my life).  President Lee articulates my feelings perfectly...



Gentleman that he is, Kever hauled my Vera bag all over campus.  I told him next year I'll be sure and get me a Vera backpack to make it easier on him.


Steven Hunsaker was our favorite teacher.
Emmy has taken several institute classes from him at USU (I think Jax and Aubrey took a class from him too) and told us we had to be sure and take his classes on receiving personal revelation.  They did not disappoint.  I liked this guy so much I stalked him in the hall before he taught on Friday and thanked him for teaching our kids.  I refrained from taking a selfie with him, but I totally wanted to.



We had a class in the Marriott Center at 3:10 every day so we'd pass the bell tower at 3 while it played Come, Come Ye Saints.  I loved it.  I'd go here just for the bells.


Rachel stayed with the girls.  
They love her and I'm pretty sure they were a little bummed when we came home :).

Popular Posts