My Birthday is on Christmas Eve

I'm grateful for the chance our family has had to participate in #lighttheworld throughout the month.  We've missed some days but we gave it a pretty good effort.

Gracie helped me make and deliver these invitations to the neighbors on our street Christmas Eve morning.  Christmas on Sunday is my favorite.  I can think of no better way to celebrate Christ's birth than to partake of the sacrament and sing praises to his name.



Emmy, with the help of a few others, made Liege Waffles for my birthday breakfast.


They are SO good and worth the extra effort it takes to make them.


My ideal birthday would have been spent holding this little guy the entire day but a cold hit me last week and I've been ticked every day since.






My Kara stopped by with this fun birthday gift from her family.
This little wall has been naked since I painted it and I've been looking for something to put here.
Problem solved.
It's perfect.


My big girls and I (Gracie is so happy to have graduated to the big girl category) went for matching PJ's this year.  These babies are so comfy and we don't plan to take them off the entire Christmas break.



We spent the rest of the day hanging out in our PJ's (we opened them and put them on before breakfast), watching movies, lots of eating, and we had our Christmas Eve tradition of evaluating our last years gifts to Jesus and writing down what our gifts to him will be for the coming year.


I requested a birthday talent show from my children which we decided to do on Christmas day since Emmy was convinced she would be getting a Ukulele from Santa.

Popular Posts