Christmas Time at the Cabin

We spent some time at the family cabin this week.  I love to take the kids up at Christmas time.  The big kids couldn't miss school so it was just these 3 and Aunt Megan who joined us for one night.

The little ones had nasty coughs so we stayed indoors the entire time.  The girls entertained me with their puppet shows.  Lilly performed the entire Santa Claus 2 movie from start to finish.



We decided the only good thing about Dad not coming with us was that we got to have Spaghetti, his least favorite meal on the planet.  I forgot the sauce, so Lilly improvised...



We kept up with the #lighttheworld activities by reading our scriptures because that's what Jesus did and he also healed the sick.  We made a list of everyone we knew who was sick and said a prayer for them.  It was kind of a long prayer and even Lilly made it through the entire thing with no complaints.  We talked about how our bodies can be sick but so can our minds and I explained to them the importance of having compassion for those with both physical and mental illness.


This would be Lilly fanning me while I worked out.  She loves to be helpful and it cracked me up when she broke out her little fan that also doubles as a card holder.


They found the Old Maid card game in the game cupboard and they thought it was the greatest game ever.  Pretty sure it's the same Old Maid game I played at the cabin when I was 8.  Both Janie and Lilly told me to add "OLD MAID" to their Christmas lists.


The cabin trip was as much a break for me as it was for the kids.  It was my reward for finishing 8 scrapbooks last week.  I slept in, read a book, took naps, ate way too much chocolate licorice, had a Home Alone marathon and enjoyed being with my girls and my sister.

Popular Posts