Mission Map

Our Thanksgiving was the best!
I'll blog about it next week but today I will show you the little project the husband and I finished a couple of hours before Thanksgiving dinner.

Before...

I took this right before painting the dining room.



A few weeks ago I put up the map.  The kids have loved looking for vacation spots all over the world and guessing where they'll serve their missions.


A couple of weeks ago Kev built a frame for the map.
I googled how to make a simple inexpensive frame and liked one made out of picket fence wood.
Our first attempt was a fail.  We chose the straightest pieces we could find at Lowe's and they were still too bowed to work with.  So Kevin tried Home Depot and found some straighter ones.




Behold our Mission Map!



I think it's the coolest.
And now I am off to start preparing food for the Gilmore Girls marathon.


PS
Happy Black Friday :)
Kevin braved his first Black Friday in years to hit the Cabela's sale.
He was 50% successful and said he learned a few things if there's ever a next time.

Popular Posts