Beck Family Thanksgiving Dinner 2016

Thanksgiving was at our house again this year.
Before we sat down to eat I told everyone they were required to sit at this table for at least an hour, and that it was the least they could do after all the hours I spent preparing.



I gotta say, they all cooperated and I think we ended up at the table for closer to an hour and a half.  
Gracie had everyone answer these 3 questions...
1- What is your favorite Thanksgiving food
2- What is your most memorable Thanksgiving
3- What are you most thankful for this past year

Several of the kids mentioned our Thanksgiving 2 years ago in St George as their most memorable.
I think I had blocked that one out because I didn't even remember going there until the kids reminded us.  It started bad with Emmy and her boyfriend breaking up on the way down.  And then Aubrey got home from her mission the day before Thanksgiving and Emmy was sad she wasn't in Salt Lake to see her.  So Emmy was kind of ornery the entire time and one time her Dad lost his temper with her and said a bad word (which he later apologized for).  The condo we rented was much smaller than what the pictures looked like so we were on top of each other.  The pool just outside our building was actually for the complex next to us so they couldn't swim in it.  The condo advertised having a fully stocked kitchen.  It did not.  I had no way to prepare thanksgiving dinner.  And I had a bad cold and felt crappy.
I looked back at my blog posts from that trip and we did have some fun after all, and the kids loved being able to have our Thanksgiving dinner at my aunt's house (she had a fully stocked kitchen).


Steven gave a fascinating little report on his findings about our pioneer ancestors.


Afterwards we ate pie and some of the clan played Rook.



Popular Posts