Speaking of Dates

Gracie asked us if she could please go to the temple one more time before we take her to the Los Angeles Temple next week.  So yesterday she and her Dad did baptisms in the Salt Lake Temple while I did initiatory work.


It was a beautiful afternoon and Gracie loved all the beauty of this historic temple.



The light crew has been putting up lights at Temple Square for weeks now.  
Christmas will be here before we know it.



The kitchen has made quite the transformation.  Here is what it's looked like for the last 10+ years.

My epic fail with the blue last week...



I thought maybe painting the bead board under the counter white to match the bead board wall to the right would make it better...


Ya, no.
The blue didn't work with the cupboards, back-splash, and bungalow gold on the rest of the walls.
It was at that point I brought in my friend Jessica the interior designer and she helped me fix it, along with the rest of the space...






Before...


After...


I did leave the blue in the laundry room.  It looks nice with the new grey/taupe color and it looks great with the white cupboards and shelves.



We just need to find a color for the dining room and finish painting the entry way.  I need to borrow a taller ladder for the 20 foot high wall.

This guy turns 45 tomorrow!
He's the family favorite.
Everything's more fun with Kevin!  (That's a little song I sing to him)

The highlight of his birthday was supposed to be baptizing Janie Rose but we found out a few days ago that our Stake changed the date.  Janie was pretty disappointed so they decided they'll have a birthday daddy-daughter date instead.  


Speaking of dates.  Here's a picture of our Homecoming Dance date way back in 1989.
We were seniors in high school.
This was the year we started preparing to be grown-ups.  Kevin was getting ready for his mission, I was planning for college, and this was the year I knew I wanted to marry him.  So glad that worked out!

Popular Posts