First Day Phase 1
Esty is a Senior...
Janie made sure he had a sign...
Kloe is a freshman...
Janie, the cute little 2nd grader...
Gracie is a 6th grader...
Lilly hung out with mom and dad all day. She was ticked she didn't get to go to school. I kept telling her, "Only 7 more sleeps" but that seems like forever.
I decided we'd eat around the dining room table (we only do that on Sundays and special occasions) so the kids would stick around longer. We always linger longer around the table than when we eat at the counter. I also made rolls (those only happen on Sundays too). Lilly set the table and informed me she was going to set it her own way.
I've felt so much better about dinner around the counter and paper plates ever since I read a blog post from www.notorious.blogspot.com that said this about dinner time...
Paper plates are life savers.
There are loads of articles that tell you the biggest predictor of happy, healthy children is eating dinner together. And I believe. This would be a dream if dinner came at 10:00AM. I would have the table set with china and candles. As it is, everyone is tired, hungry, stressed and busy at 6:00. So, if I can just do the dinner, not the hullabaloo, I congratulate myself as I put out the paper plates. Always remember your goal. Be clear about your goal and however you achieve it, be happy.
But the little extra effort was worth it. I was able to sit and listen to them all chatter away about their first day of school. Loved every minute...
Esty is pretty excited to only have to go to school half a day on B days.
Kloe was proud of herself for being way more outgoing than she usually is as she introduced everyone to her twin Kara who left her charter school to go to Eisenhower this year. THE TWINS ARE SO ESSITED (that's Miranda speak) TO BE GOING TO THE SAME SCHOOL.
Gracie loved having her classroom in the relocatable because it has a great air conditioner. She also told us about her new Spanish teacher who's from Spain and how he used to be a bull fighter and a vet.
Janie loves having so many of her friends in her class but wishes her buddy Spencer could be in her class too.
Lilly had her Kindergarten assessment today and didn't want to leave her classroom.















