Back to School Dinner 2016

I spent yesterday in the kitchen getting ready for our back to school dinner.
I'm running on empty these days, it's like all of summer caught up with me and I am tired.
But thanks to help from the husband we pulled off a nice evening with the kids.



Our 2016-17 school year theme.
We also gave the kids a challenge as they start out this new year...to pray that they'll be guided to know who needs a friend. 


This dinner was "come as you are".  You can't see me but I am in a pony tail, t-shirt and sweats.  Way too tired to clean myself up.

Kevin recently discovered his flip flops have bottle openers on the bottom so everyone passed their drinks down to him.  The kids thought it was pretty funny.


After dinner Kevin gave all the kids father's blessings.
He always asks them first if they have any concerns.
Some of them have a lot of concerns.
Some of them only one or two.
I have come to appreciate the power of these blessings.  The kids have come to rely on them and it's always interesting to refer to them (I record them on paper for the kids) at the end of the school year to see how all the things he blesses them with become realities.

Popular Posts