Run Esty Run!
Several weeks ago Esty asked me if he could run Ragnar.
Except I was only half listening and thought he wanted to run in some kind of spud race in Idaho he'd told me about months ago. So I said sure!
And then the week before Ragnar I realized I misunderstood and already said yes but I would have said no had I really been listening.
Estabon is very athletic but he did not train not one day for this race.
I pictured bloody feet, and him passing out from exhaustion.
I tried to say no, a week before the race, but it was too late. The team was counting on him. That guy in the orange was an Olympic runner so he is a serious runner. Thank goodness he was their first runner and only concerned about his own time so there was no pressure on Esty. He told them to plan on him averaging 11 minutes a mile. He ended up doing a little better than that :).
Now that's commitment right there.
He stopped in between his turns for shakes, fries and burgers.
Run Esty Run!!
His team did pretty good and Esty didn't pass out, throw up, or bleed.
When they asked him if he would compete with them next year he said, "I hope I'm on my mission".





