Kloe's Blessing and Why I Blog
Last week Kloe and I took some names to the temple early one morning to do baptisms for the dead in preparation for her Patriarchal Blessing she received this past Sunday.
Kloe, her Dad and I also fasted and prayed for our Patriarch and for Kloe.
In between the cousin fun on Sunday we took Kloe to Patriarch Wilcock's home for her blessing.
Witnessing my kids receive their Patriarchal Blessings has been some of my favorite mama moments.
All of Kloe's grandparents were able to come, which made it extra special.
I started blogging in 2008, a few months before Janie was born.
I initially only blogged a few times a month, mostly to let our out-of-town family know what was going on with the Beck's and since I wasn't the best at scrapbooking, I hoped it would be a way I could keep a little family history.
In 2011 I decided to try blogging daily and I've liked that. I love looking back on all the little things that most definitely would have been forgotten.
Something you may not know about me is I'm kind of a negative person on the inside. Outwardly I'm pretty positive, but in my head I get caught up in being negative. I don't like being that way and it's definitely a weakness that I work to overcome. My friend Wendy Parker taught me years ago that whatever you focus on will increase.
Maybe you've noticed that I don't blog much about the hard things in my life. It's not that hard things don't happen to the Becks, they do. But I've found that blogging about all the good things happening from day to day really helps my focus be on the stuff that matters.
Kloe gave me permission to talk about one of the hard things in her life. A few years ago she began having anxiety attacks. They really worried her and if you've ever had one you know how scary they can be. I used to get them after I had Dakota and was having trouble with my heart. When my heart would start skipping it would also trigger an anxiety attack. Somehow I figured out that I could talk myself out of them. Getting fresh air and taking deep breaths really helped too. So when I figured out Kloe was having anxiety attacks I had a few ideas on how to help her. We've worked really hard to figure out what she can do to work through them without any medication. We've also turned to the Lord for help and He has blessed her to find peace and ways to cope.
I love the part of this scripture where it says God can deliver us out of our troubles. He will help us with anything that is troubling us, big or small. I'm so grateful He's helping Kloe deal with this trouble in her life. And as it says in verse 4, the Lord is with us and if we bear all things with patience He will deliver us.





