All Things Camp

Sometimes our family scripture study looks like this...


I can usually handle most things in my life fairly well.
I plan far enough ahead that I'm able to be flexible when I need to add and drop things as necessary.
But our stake girls camp is really overwhelming for me.
It took us 3 months to get a camp director and by the time we got her it was too late to find an assistant director so I have pretty much been her assistant.  Bless her heart for having to work with a clueless camp assistant and bless her heart for accepting the assignment with only 2 months to plan!  
I have basically no experience with girls camp other than going up as a youth and I barely remember any of it.  But I am learning real fast and my mind is consumed with all things camp.  I know if we do it the Lord's way he will help it all come together, but the trick is to be able to find the balance between the necessary preparations and facilitating opportunities for the girls to feel the spirit, recognize the love God has for them, and grow closer to Christ.

Popular Posts