Coyote Gulch - Day 3

While I continued to be every woman throughout the trip, two nights sleeping in a tent might be my max.  I usually sleep with one regular and two king size pillows.  After the second night I was really missing them.


Kevin assured me he would get me and Aubrey back in time for our General Women's Meeting and the dinner before the meeting.  We needed to be packed and ready to climb out of the canyon at 7.
I was in charge of hauling the garbage.


Aubrey and I used the rope this time.



It took us about two hours to climb out of the canyon and hike to the car, which put us a half hour behind schedule so Kevin drove 60 miles an hour on the 35 mile an hour road to make up the difference.
Turns out, driving 60 miles an hour on a 35 mile an hour road is not only faster, but a much smoother ride.


Estabon and his alien finder hiking to the car.



Kevin was true to his word and got us back in time to shower and get to the dinner and conference.
The entire meeting was about service and being the hands of Christ as we help others.  The choir sang one of my favorite hymns, As I Have Loved You.  Every time I hear it I think of my Grandma Dee Dee.  I taught her this song and then she played it on the piano while I played the flute.



The kids went back to school yesterday but they weren't happy about it.  It was a shorter Spring Break than usual but we still managed to have a little fun.

Popular Posts