Room For Improvement
Still trying to get the hang of my selfie stick
Our temple is closing for renovations in 14 days.
See the construction trailers behind us?
Even though this temple is older and quite a bit more worn than our newer temples, I love it. It is the busiest temple in the world. Thousands and thousands of ordinances are performed here every day. We are going to miss it terribly. I asked Kevin if since he's a temple worker he has some sort of pull to get us tickets to the live dedication in a couple of years. He said, sorry, but no. I'm pretty sure my BFF Daryl told me her Dad was the Jordan River Temple's first Temple President so maybe she has some pull. I'm going to ask her.
Our Saturday was just as lazy as we'd planned it to be. We spent some time in the morning doing chores, getting ready for Sunday and the girls added some rings to their Disneyland chain. We are going with my brother Rob's family and Rob ended up having to work the original dates we'd planned to go, so we postponed it a few weeks.
By 11am we were all piled in my bed and by 10pm we had plowed through 9 of the 10 episodes in Season 2.
We stopped only for bathroom, lunch, dinner, and muddy buddy breaks.
Kevin brought us all popcorn in bed so that saved us a break.
It makes me so happy that these 3 have each other up in Logan.
Emmy spoke in church today and Jax and Aubrey were there to show their support.
Today was our New Year's dinner and goal setting family night.
We usually do this closer to January 1st but this year we are a little late.
This week's Sunday dinner went MUCH better than last week's.
The husband grilled marinated pork chops, while it was freezing and snowing. It was a new recipe that every single one of the kids loved.
Last Sunday I ended up here...

after putting the pulled pork in the crockpot on warm instead of low. Which would explain why the pork wouldn't pull. I didn't catch my mistake until about an hour before Kevin's family would be arriving for dinner. I had no other alternatives, so I broke the Sabbath and bought what I thought were KFC's chicken tenders (90% of the family hates bones in their chicken). When I got home I realized they were the new Nashville hot chicken tenders and 90% of the family doesn't like spicy food. Ugh. It was a major fail.
Gracie gave us our lesson on setting goals.
Estabon trying to figure out Gracie's object lesson...
The kids all wrote a list of personal goals. Esty thought he was so funny when he read one of his goals was to start a "Hot Sock Truck", like a food truck but with socks.
Kevin has an ongoing list of goals he started years ago. He read us a few of the ones he's already accomplished and a few more he wants to accomplish. One of them was learn to dance. I had no idea.
Our last years goals were...
Be team players
Go on 6 family hikes
Do a service project each month
The kids asked us tonight, What does it mean to be a team player? Awesome.
We went on 1 family hike.
I think as a family we probably hit 50% with the monthly service projects.
So I guess there's room for improvement.













