The Last One

Yesterday was a great day!
My Dad had his last chemo treatment.


Dr Call is Papa Tom's chemo Dr.
Next month he'll work with Dr. Hayes throughout his radiation.


It's been a sweet experience being able to take my Dad to some of his Dr appointments and treatments.
I have been reminded of the power of fasting and prayer and have learned a lot about faith, patience, and attitude from my Dad and my Mom over the last few months as I've watched them go through all of this.


One of Dad's nurses, Shelly.  
She's also been my Aunt Tammy's nurse and knows my Dad's brother Larry.  She's great.


The last couple of treatments, to pass the time, I've read to Dad from Kevin's book.  Emmy's been working with Kevin to edit it so they make sure to have enough chapters ready to read to Papa Tom.  He was gripped.


On the day of your last round of chemo you get a bottle of sparkling cider and you get to ring the bell.  When Dad rang the bell everyone clapped and cheered!  By everyone I mean an entire room full of cancer patients receiving their chemo treatments.  So many people trying to fight cancer. So. Many. People.
Glad he's done with this phase of treatment.  He will have some down days in the next couple of weeks but hopefully the worst is behind him.  Love you Dad.

Popular Posts