Perspective
Yesterday a few of the kids went to see Star Wars.
We are not Star Wars junkies but our orthodontist (shout out to Holman Orthodontics, they've done a great job on our 5 sets of braces and we'll be sending them 3 more mouths to fix in the future) gave us a bunch of free tickets so I bribed Megan to take the kids. Janie took her buddy Spencer and even though none of them had seen any of the other Star Wars movies they all liked it!
While the kids were watching the force awaken Kev and I spent some time in the Draper Temple. Visiting the temple is the highlight of my week. The temple helps me keep perspective and reminds me of everything that matters. Earlier in the week I was telling Kevin about this book I was reading about a woman who had lost two babies. She spoke about the stages of grief and how they are a necessary process in grieving. I was thinking about the anger stage of grief and how I never ever felt any sort of anger about losing Baby Kevin, not during the pregnancy or since his death. I asked Kevin if I would one day have issues because I never went through the anger stage. He didn't really have an answer for me but yesterday as we sat in the Celestial Room in the temple he told me that maybe my reason for not being angry was because I'd spent so much time in the temple that I understood the bigger picture. I'm so incredibly grateful for the covenants Kevin and I have made with God in the temple and for the blessings they bring to our family.



