Oh Christmas Tree
My family will tell you that I am a Scrooge when it comes to putting up the Christmas tree. It's SO overwhelming for me. It takes forever to pull apart all the branches and then I get so annoyed that I have to string lights on the pre-lit tree that is no longer lit.

My two teenagers were too "busy" to help so I was cursing them but trying my best to be nice to Kevin and Gracie so they would keep helping. I know, I have a problem.

I set out to make the night enjoyable with homemade Snow White soup (it's actually corn chowder--which I forgot the corn but no one seemed to notice), hot bread and caramel apple cider (which nobody liked).

My mom and Megan stopped by and Meg gave Janie her old Spidy shoes. Janie was so excited, wore them the rest of the night, and didn't even care that they were 3 sizes too big.

Took us over 3 hours but we did it. Kevin, who is always trying to make life easier for me, suggested we leave it up year round and buy ornaments for all the other holidays.


