Celebrating Me and Christmas Eve

Today I turned 44.
Yes, I'm 44 and counting.
I'm getting up there.  I'm hoping I get lucky enough to live another 44 years.  
My goal is to make it to at least 90 with all my wits about me and my bladder still working.  I'd like to still be contributing by teaching gospel doctrine or primary, spoiling great grandkids with Kevin, and then one day when I'm 90-something just pass away peacefully in my sleep.


Em made me liege waffles and Kev braved the cold to fry up the hashbrowns, bacon and sausage (that's true love right there).




Aubrey and Jackson gave me a selfie stick--the gift that keeps on giving.  
We spent a good hour testing it out...







Kevin's family stopped by with some Birthday love and I didn't need anyone to take our picture.
Shoulda got one of these a long time ago.  Every Asian we saw in Hawaii last October had one and now I know why.


And now I can be in all the family photos too :)
It was the best day.  
I was surrounded by all my favorites and they made me feel so special. 
 I'm not sure how special my Mom felt spending Christmas Eve in the hospital suffering through labor and then a really rough delivery, but Mom, thank you for your sacrifice, for giving me life, and teaching me what a blessing it is to be a daughter of God, a wife, and a mom.  Dad, thanks to you too, Mom couldn't have had me without you. 

Popular Posts