Responsible Kids

Today I am grateful for responsible kids.
We've always given the kids opportunities to learn responsibility while they were young.  They do their own laundry from the time they are around 12.  They have responsibilities around the house and with helping their younger siblings.  They are expected to keep up on their school work and keep track of when assignments are due.  We encourage them to work and earn money so that they can learn how to handle money.


Last week Gracie had a piano recital and she did fantastic!
Our neighbor Joan is her teacher and she is wonderful.


Gracie practices her violin and the piano every day I remember to tell her to practice--and I don't even have to bribe her (unlike some of my other children).  It's fun to see her growing up and becoming more responsible.


She did a report on Reynolds Cahoon, her great great great great great grandfather.  She had a little help from her Uncle Stevie, myself and Kevin but for the most part she did it all herself.

Popular Posts