Modern Medicine

My Dad was told not to cut himself while he's going through chemo.


This would be us last week in the emergency room after my dad cut his head.
He was doing some electrical work on some 8 foot high shelves.  He grabbed onto a beam above his head and bent down to duck under it when the beam nicked his head.  He was wearing this hat and the beam didn't tear the hat but put a nice gash in his head.



He handled it all like a champ.  I, on the other hand, had to keep breathing deeply so as not to pass out.
This guy, who I can't remember his name but is soon to become the daddy of his 4th child, irrigated the cut...


And this guy, who I also can't remember his name but served a mission in Chile, stapled it shut.
They were all so nice and so concerned about my Dad.



And here are his 8 staples.
Today I am thankful for modern medicine.  I know I whine about doctors now and again but I do appreciate the blessing that they are and that we need them.  If I see the day when the medical community and alternative medicine community could come together and help each other that will be a day I'd REALLY be thankful for.

Popular Posts