The Real Dr

Gracie and I spent some time at the Dermatologist's office this morning.
Sometimes in the Summer she gets a rash on the inside of her arms but it always clears up pretty quick.  This past Summer the rash hit and was also on her neck.  I've tried all my natural home remedies over the last couple of months and some of them have helped but nothing kicks it completely so we tried a "real" Dr. which ticked me off because 1-I can usually find a natural remedy for most of our ailments and 2-generally, I do not have great luck with Dr's.


First we saw the resident.  He is a pediatric dermatologist.  He was puzzled by the rash and said, "It's not eczema".  Then the "real Dr" came in, she looked at the rash and says, "Ya, I think that's eczema".  And then proceeded to tell me that the coconut oil is probably making it worse.  Even though I told her the coconut oil always helps to clear it up--just not all the way.  Whatever. I do think they both agreed on the topical steroid they gave her so hopefully that will kick it.



My girls have been begging to see Hotel Transylvania 2.  Hotel Transylvania 1 is one of their favorite movies of all time so we had a girls night and went to the movies where we had popcorn and licorice for dinner.  Lilly was so excited that she kept talking to me throughout the movie in her outside voice.  She still struggles with the whisper.  The movie was great!  It even held my attention and that is saying something.

Popular Posts