Vacation Miles
I have mentioned before that we are working Dave Ramsey's baby steps to become completely debt free.
We've paid off all our personal debt but the house and now we are working the debt snowball on our business debt. In 13 months all of our business debt will be paid off except the mortgage on our rental house.
The first thing Dave tells you to do is get on a budget and cut up all the credit cards.
We have been on a budget most of our marriage so that wasn't a big deal. About 11 years ago we got into credit card trouble with our business expenses. It. Was. Horrible. Cleaning that mess up has not been fun.
Today we use credit cards for business expenses and personal expenses but we pay them off every week or two so we never pay any interest. We only use 2 cards. My Costco AmX and an awesome vacation miles Capital One card.
Dave says 80% of all skymiles go unused.
Well, I am here to tell you we are part of that other 20%.
We flew the entire family to Texas with sky miles last year for our temple trip and it only cost $250. That's 8 tickets for the price of less than one ticket!
In a few weeks our vacation miles are paying for Kev and I to go to Hawaii. The only thing we have to pay for is gas and food.
In a few years after our mortgages are paid off we are going to Nashville to be on the Dave Ramsey show and do our debt free scream and I just pray Dave doesn't ask about cutting up our credit cards. He would be SO disappointed in us.
I did however, earlier this week, call and close all our other credit card accounts that we don't use. And then as Dave says, I performed plastic surgery on all of them. (And the picture only shows about half the cards, I threw away quite a few before taking the picture.)
I REALLY want to teach one of Dave's Financial Peace University classes but I can't in good conscience do it until I quit using the dang credit cards.
In other news, we have the cutest little Quail family living in our backyard. I love to watch them out my kitchen window.



