One Thing To Another

Today was a BUSY Saturday.  We went from one thing to another starting with me taking Kloe on a Birthday date (she turns 14 tomorrow).  She thought we were going to pick out paint for her room (the only thing she wanted for her Birthday was her room painted a new color).  I told her we needed to make a quick stop at Costco and then we stopped at the Costco Optical department for a surprise contact eye exam!


Kloe has really been wanting contacts.  We told her she had to wait until she was 15.  And then we surprised her a year early and she was SO HAPPY.



I had my last eye exam in January.  I had been having trouble with my eyes for a while and was prescribed reading glasses.  The reading glasses help but not completely so the Dr checked me out too.  He tweaked my prescription and said I needed progressive lenses so Kloe helped me pick some new glasses.



This is me telling Kloe how I can't wear cool glasses like hers because they fall right off my face.




And then she celebrated new contacts with pizza and a Starbucks carmel apple cider, which gave her the energy she needed for paint shopping!


I'm pretty excited about painting her room.
It's been a while since I painted anything in our house.
At the beginning of the Summer I considered changing the baby poo color (that's what Kevin calls it) that covers most of our upstairs but I got tired just thinking about it--the high ceilings take all the fun out of it.



Emmy is still alive and well.
She was recently put in as Relief Society President so now we will NEVER SEE HER.  Her friend Kindsey was going to Logan today so I sent Emmy some more frozen left overs so she'll remember her mom loves her even though she NEVER SEES HER.

While Kloe and I were shopping Estabon was having fun on his homecoming pre-dance date.  They went to the trampoline park and apparently Estabon almost died but thank goodness he's ok.  I got home just in time to see him model his homecoming outfit options...


Option #1 Black Tie



Option #2 Black Tie with Vest



Option #3 Hot Pink Tie (to match Rachel's corsage)




Option #4 Hot Pink Tie plus Vest

He let everyone vote but Rachel's vote was the only vote that counted...


Aren't they cute?


We sent Dakota and his friends back to the Cheesecake Factory in our family truckster, then as soon as Gracie got home from Hogwarts Kev and I took her out for her date night.


She saw an advertisement for Applebees a couple weeks ago for this hamburger that had hashbrowns and an egg on it and she and her Dad decided they had to try it.


Gracie and I sat together on this side of the table so her Dad could see 3 different TV screens on the opposite side of the table.  It's football season you know :).



When we got home from dinner Lilly was getting out of the tub so we hurried and put on her PJ's and went over to wish her buddy Keith (remember Keith, the lello-bean guy) a happy birthday.  She chattered away telling Keith and his wife about her sister's birthdays and then she told them about her dancing and then she did the splits for them.  She gave Keith some banana bread and peach jam and he gave her some jellybelly's, birthday cookies, and beef jerky.

So there you have it.
Our Saturday.
And I didn't even tell you about what Kevin was doing all day...although it did involve a project he's very excited about that I'll blog more on later.

Popular Posts