Christian Healthcare Ministries

Several months ago I mentioned praying about what to do for our family's healthcare.  The premiums for a family our size were so expensive and the coverage wasn't great.


Last year I learned about Christian Healthcare Co-ops.  I had never heard of them but they have been around for over 30 years and they are a great alternative to traditional healthcare.   They are also an eligible option under the national healthcare law.

We pay monthly premiums of $450. a month for 8 of us--that's the most expensive plan, there are two other plans that are less money.  We pay an extra $75. quarterly to have unlimited coverage.  We do pay for any office visits that are under $500. but we rarely go to the Dr because when we get sick we use home remedies.  If we do need to go in for an office visit we pay the discounted cash price.  The most we would ever pay per incident would be $500.  We also keep a savings account just for medical expenses so we have the money for any out of pocket costs.

They do have some restrictions, like you have to be a practicing Christian--going to church regularly.  It also requires that you take a more active roll in your healthcare as far as shopping around for the best price but it saves so much money on healthcare costs!

If you want to know more about CHM you are welcome to email me at kevandbeck93@yahoo.com and check out their website HERE.

Also, we have found a pretty good dental plan.  We have Dental Select Silver which gives discounts.  We pay $15. a month premiums for our family and cleanings and x-rays for Kev and I run about $87. and for the little ones $75.  I think a cavity costs between $65. and $110.  You can check out their website HERE.

Popular Posts