Say Hello
After church I gathered the kids and had them write some thank you cards to their grandparents. Gratitude is something both Kev and I feel is so important for our children to learn.
I was reminded as I am every time one of the kids have to address an envelope that they have no idea how to do it. They also have no idea how to talk on the phone. I remember once one of the kids answered the phone and just held it to their ear--didn't say a thing. I had to tell them "Say hello!". In our days of email and texting the kids don't need to make a phone call or send a letter like we did in the olden days.
I spent part of my Sunday napping until Lilly came in and started kissing my hand and my cheek. And then she says "Mom can I do your hair while you're laying down?". So my nap was cut short but I didn't mind. When I finally got up she did my makeup, my hair and found me a pair of Janie's glasses. Don't I look great?!
We had dinner and family night with Kevin's family and boy did we have a spread! Kevin grilled us some Manti chicken, I made crunchy potatoes and rolls with homemade honeybutter and jam, Mama Linda and Papa Dave brought a bunch of fresh fruit, Steve brought corn on the cob, and Tam brought 7-layer salad and we had brownie sundaes for dessert. Some of the children wore their dinner all over their faces...
Steve taught us a great lesson from one of Elder Oaks talks about how we need to be careful that our strengths don't become our downfall and how we need to be humble. And Tam taught us about encouraging others and not trying to elevate ourselves above someone else.







