Emmy Update...It's a long one :)
Hi Grandpa!
I have had this letter in the works for weeks. These past couple of weeks have been so crazy. Sorry these letters are so sporadic, I don’t really have much of a routine these days. My hours at work change from week to week and my schedule is planned pretty much just a few hours in advance. That would’ve really bothered me (and my Type A personality) a year ago, but Ive learned that college kids don’t really fly that way so I’ve had to be less uptight and just go with the flow. It’s been working out pretty well; I’m getting better at it. That’s no excuse for no updates from me though. 😉 But IN my defense my laptop broke awhile ago and I just got it back. I had my laptop and my water bottle in my bag, and sometime during the five minute walk to my coworker’s house my water bottle turned upside down so my laptop had been sitting in water. It was fried. Luckily I bought a two year warranty with the computer. I’ve never been so proud/thankful of my past self. It would’ve been over $300, but instead I just took it to Best Buy and they shipped it to Geek Squad. I had it back in a week and I didn’t have to pay anything! (Well, besides the warranty I bought a year ago. But still. Worth it.)
Anyways, this summer just keeps getting better and better! Just when I think I can’t do anything more fun than I already have, we go on another crazy adventure. These pictures are out of order and I may have already shown you them, but I’m going to add them anyways, just in case you haven’t seen them.
My roommate, Megan, is super talented. She is majoring in Interior Design and she has some serious skill. This is a henna tattoo she did for me a couple of weeks ago. It looked so cool!
Me and Kaylee went camping at Bloomington Lake with some of our friends from Pineview. Except…not. Long story short, we left later than we planned, it was farther away (2 1/2 hours) than we thought, and we never actually found our friends. So after half an hour of hiking in the middle of the night in the rain, we decided to turn around and sleep in the car. Haha. Then we went back to Bear Lake and hung out there all day. Good times.
All the stuff I had to carry while we tried to hike in to the lake.
This was a while ago. Somehow me and Aubs got caught in the rain.
Me and Gentry and Kaylee still Skype. Less than a month til I get to live with them again!
Part of the group we floated Oneida River with.
So glad my roommates share the same appreciation for naps as I do.
These pictures we took as a joke. Ciara left for South Carolina for the rest of the summer, so for her last night we went to the DI and decided our theme was “denim and stripes”. I crack up every time I see them and we had the best time taking them.
There was a barbecue at the “Tan House” that night. They have one or two a month. Its a fun way to meet a lot of people.
Sometimes we team mom for the boys next door while they play flag football every week. We even bring treats!
Paddleboarding at porcupine.
In other news, I finally figured out my schedule for this fall last night! I’m pretty stoked about it. I’ll go to school from 7:30-12/1 and work from 12:30/1-5 every day. My classes include: Management Information Systems, Calculus, Accounting, Natural Disasters, Zumba, Hip Hop, Old Testament, and Preparing for Eternal Marriage. Its a miracle I was able to fit it all in!
I hope you are doing well! I’m still trying to find a ride down this weekend, but if not we’ll have to work out something soon. :)
Love you!
Em














