Belated Birthday Waffles



Today we celebrated Mama Linda's birthday.
We are a little late since her birthday was way back in April but we finally made it happen.
I have been wanting to try making Liege Waffles--which are supposed to be like the waffles you get from the Waffle Love truck.  I struggle with new recipes so I was nervous about trying these out for the first time with guests but I followed the recipe exactly (which is hard for me) and they were fantastic!


They are nothing like regular waffles.
You have to make the dough the night before and then right before you serve them you knead in Belgian Sugar Pearls.  I bought mine on Amazon.  Check them out HERE.


I used THIS recipe if you want to try them.


I had Biscoff and Nutella to spread over them.
We topped them with whipped cream and fruit.
They were delicious!
Kind of a cross between a pretzel, a donut and a waffle.
And thanks Mama Linda for being born so we could celebrate you with liege waffles :)

Popular Posts