A Day Downtown
Last week we spent a day downtown visiting Temple Square and the Gateway Mall.
Some sister missionaries visited with us while we were at the display about Latter Day Prophets.
When they found out how many kids I had they asked me for my advice on raising a righteous family.
I told them to just follow the prophet...Pray together as a family morning and night, have family scripture study together every day and hold weekly family home evenings. I told them to start while their kids are young so they'll always have those blessings (and it's easier to form those habits while they're young). I told them to be sure and date their husbands at least once a week. Parenting and married life in general is so much easier when you put your relationship with your spouse first and give them plenty of time and attention. I also think it's so important to have fun together. Which is why vacations and family time are a big priority for us.
Janie brought her daughter Lucy along and she was the perfect baby all day long.
The girls thought this car was the coolest!










